The Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II program is intended for an individual who has experience developing custom applications on the Lightning Platform, including practical application of the skills and concepts noted in the exam objectives below.
The Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II generally has two to four years of experience as a developer, including at least one year of design, implementation, and deployment experience on the Lightning Platform.
The Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II candidate has the experience, skills, and knowledge outlined below:
- Understands the principles and best practices of Salesforce data modeling, interface design, code development, and testing, and can apply these principles in real-world
- Is capable of defining appropriate solutions to meet specific business challenges/process requirements to extend/customize the platform by applying knowledge of declarative and programmatic features of the Lightning Platform.
- Is competent developing Apex code that will scale to large data sets; has a good understanding of platform behaviors, limits, and performance considerations.
- Is competent tuning Visualforce pages and understands performance implications of the controller design.
- Understands and applies best practices for general web and Salesforce-specific security concerns.
- Can design and implement complex sharing models using declarative and programmatic methods.
- Can design and implement a test plan that ensures adequate quality (e.g., code coverage, application behaviors, scalability, environment independence, security) across application components.
- Can deploy custom applications, has a broad understanding of the Salesforce development lifecycle, and understands deployment tools and knows when to apply each tool.
- Understands and uses Apex SOAP and REST web services and how to call out from Apex using SOAP and REST.
- Understands and uses asynchronous programming – queueable, batchable,schedulable, @future, etc.
- Understands and applies appropriate techniques for error and exception handling in various programmatic contexts.
- Implements best practices for trigger development and design patterns, other business logic development, and reuse.
- Knows how to surface Lightning Components on a Lightning page and with Quick Actions.
A candidate for this exam is not expected to:
- Administer any standard Salesforce application.
- Design a technical architecture solution that spans multiple platforms and includes integration and authentication across systems.
- Develop and publish managed products on the App Exchange that require a security review.
- Create a Quick Action.
- Surface Lightning Components in all possible locations.
- Use all Salesforce APIs (i.e. metadata).
ABOUT THE EXAM
The Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II Multiple Choice exam has the following characteristics:
- Content: 60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions
- Time allotted to complete the exam: 120 minutes
- Passing Score: 63%
- Registration fee: USD 200, plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Retake fee: USD 100, plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Delivery options: Proctored exam delivered onsite at a testing center or in an online proctored environment.
- References: No hard-copy or online materials may be referenced during the exam.
- Prerequisite: Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I credential
Had a great Experience with you guys. I would recommend DukeUAE to people who need IT Training, or for any other course. The time I spent there was all worth it.
Katerina Todorova Koleva
Duke Training Centre has been a pioneer in providing quality technical and practical education in the private sector in UAE. I received excellent training from Duke's trainers who are extremely professional. I would highly recommend Duke Training Centre for professionals seeking an upgrade in their technical and professional skills.
I found the experience extremely helpful. I’m totally confident with my Marketing and Management skills now, thanks to Duke UAE. I’m glad I joined at the right time, I feel like now my career’s future isn’t as uncertain anymore.
I completed my English Language course from DukeUAE last month and I’m glad I chose them on my friend’s recommendation. The one thing I liked was their supportive and encouraging approach. They taught each and every thing with a much managed and practical way, I was proficient at English in no time without feeling any burden at all.
Khawer Saeed Khan
State of the Art, professional Courses of Duke Training Centre has earned me my dream job. I had training with different training centres in Abu Dhabi and other emirates but Duke's Faculties have unmatched parallels in the entire UAE.