International ‘Career Progress’ Diploma Program on Leadership & Team Management
A Program to provide the skills, knowledge and conceptual framework that underlies
Successful leadership, teamwork and team building.
In business, supervision and management the leadership role of supervisors, managers, professionals, executives and the importance of teamwork and group dynamics is well recognized. The ability to work as part of a team and possess team leadership abilities is increasingly more vital for business and career success.
This Program aims to explore the nature of leadership, teamwork and team building and to equip those working in, or aiming for a career in, administration, supervision and management with the necessary knowledge to understand and to harness these important aspects of organizational life. It considers individuals’ motivations, the behavior of teams, and leadership. The Program also aims to assist managers and leaders gain a better understanding of the leadership role in organizations as they rise in seniority
International ‘Career Progress’ Diploma Program on
- Leadership, team building, the importance of leadership, work and organizations.
- Motivation,: needs and wants, motivational theories, importance of achievement.
- Team behavior, norms, perceptions of membership, sizes, spans of control. Synergy, groupthink.
- Team development, formation, loyalty, communication. Learning curves, life cycles. Team roles.
- The role of the leader. Leadership traits, theories, styles. Power, influence, relationships.
- Teams, leadership and organizational culture. Change. Twenty-first century teams and leaders.
- Virtual teams. Empowerment. Trust and support. Contemporary views on teams and leadership.