Warehouse Management and Storekeeping Courses in Abu Dhabi
Diploma on Warehouse Management & Stock
This is a program to train and produce effective professional stores and inventory personnel and managers.
An enterprise’s success can be greatly affected by the efficiency of its stores operations; efficient stores management can save money, help retain customers and maintain continuous operations; but stores mismanagement can lose an enterprise money, customers and production. A stores manager must be able to manage stores, stockyards, inventory; and plan, organise, coordinate work, train, supervise and control stores personnel; this Programs teaches how that is done, and how to do that effectively and professionally.
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- The stores function in an enterprise and its main activities.
- The need for efficient management of stores.
- The principles of management: recruiting, training, controlling, motivating stores personnel.
- Attributes and abilities looked for in stores/inventory staff.
- Health and safety, and accident prevention in stores, stockyards and warehouses.
- Staff and managerial responsibilities for safety; protective clothing, safety equipment.
- Storehouse buildings: factors regarding their location, design and layout.
- Considerations regarding floors, entrances and exits, and sub-stores.
- Planning in stores and stockyards, heating, ensuring efficiency of movement, stores maintenance.
- Stockyards: materials, location, design, layout, throughflow, protection of stored items.
- Manual and powered stores equipment, materials handling, training of staff.
- Storage, measuring and general stores equipment.
- Facilitating orders and movement of stocks out of the stores.
- Order picking, packaging, avoiding damages, the use of pallets and racks.
- Protection of stock against loss and damage, causes of spoilage, how to overcome these problems.
- Storehouse and stockyard security, control over keys, prevention of theft and pilfering.
- Fire prevention, fire drills and fire-fighting equipment.
- Ordering stock items, documentation and planning.
- Stock items, inventory identification, codes, creating and understanding coding systems.
- Stock records: their contents and uses, importance of accuracy.
- Statistics and reports; the role and management of the stores office.
- Procedures for stock receipts and issues, coordination with other departments; packing, dispatch.
- Setting stock levels, reorder levels, factors in levels set; costs, ABC, EOQ, forecasting.
- Stocktaking: reasons and purposes, procedures, spot checks, stock valuation, inspections.
- Obsolete and obsolescent stock, disposal of unwanted goods.
- Data and documentation, data safety, computer systems and backups.
And much more…..