Warehouse Management and Storekeeping Courses in Abu Dhabi
Home » Warehouse or Store Management and Inventory
Diploma on Warehouse Management & Stock
This is a program to train and produce effective professional stores and inventory personnel and managers.
An enterprise’s success can be greatly affected by the efficiency of its stores operations; efficient stores management can save money, help retain customers and maintain continuous operations; but stores mismanagement can lose an enterprise money, customers and production. A stores manager must be able to manage stores, stockyards, inventory; and plan, organise, coordinate work, train, supervise and control stores personnel; this Programs teaches how that is done, and how to do that effectively and professionally.
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- The stores function in an enterprise and its main activities.
- The need for efficient management of stores.
- The principles of management: recruiting, training, controlling, motivating stores personnel.
- Attributes and abilities looked for in stores/inventory staff.
- Health and safety, and accident prevention in stores, stockyards and warehouses.
- Staff and managerial responsibilities for safety; protective clothing, safety equipment.
- Storehouse buildings: factors regarding their location, design and layout.
- Considerations regarding floors, entrances and exits, and sub-stores.
- Planning in stores and stockyards, heating, ensuring efficiency of movement, stores maintenance.
- Stockyards: materials, location, design, layout, throughflow, protection of stored items.
- Manual and powered stores equipment, materials handling, training of staff.
- Storage, measuring and general stores equipment.
- Facilitating orders and movement of stocks out of the stores.
- Order picking, packaging, avoiding damages, the use of pallets and racks.
- Protection of stock against loss and damage, causes of spoilage, how to overcome these problems.
- Storehouse and stockyard security, control over keys, prevention of theft and pilfering.
- Fire prevention, fire drills and fire-fighting equipment.
- Ordering stock items, documentation and planning.
- Stock items, inventory identification, codes, creating and understanding coding systems.
- Stock records: their contents and uses, importance of accuracy.
- Statistics and reports; the role and management of the stores office.
- Procedures for stock receipts and issues, coordination with other departments; packing, dispatch.
- Setting stock levels, reorder levels, factors in levels set; costs, ABC, EOQ, forecasting.
- Stocktaking: reasons and purposes, procedures, spot checks, stock valuation, inspections.
- Obsolete and obsolescent stock, disposal of unwanted goods.
- Data and documentation, data safety, computer systems and backups.
And much more…..
Had a great Experience with you guys. I would recommend DukeUAE to people who need IT Training, or for any other course. The time I spent there was all worth it.
Katerina Todorova Koleva
Duke Training Centre has been a pioneer in providing quality technical and practical education in the private sector in UAE. I received excellent training from Duke's trainers who are extremely professional. I would highly recommend Duke Training Centre for professionals seeking an upgrade in their technical and professional skills.
I found the experience extremely helpful. I’m totally confident with my Marketing and Management skills now, thanks to Duke UAE. I’m glad I joined at the right time, I feel like now my career’s future isn’t as uncertain anymore.
I completed my English Language course from DukeUAE last month and I’m glad I chose them on my friend’s recommendation. The one thing I liked was their supportive and encouraging approach. They taught each and every thing with a much managed and practical way, I was proficient at English in no time without feeling any burden at all.
Khawer Saeed Khan
State of the Art, professional Courses of Duke Training Centre has earned me my dream job. I had training with different training centres in Abu Dhabi and other emirates but Duke's Faculties have unmatched parallels in the entire UAE.