IWCF Drilling Well Control Surface BOP Stack in Abu Dhabi
Home » IWCF Drilling Well Control Surface BOP Stack
This program is designed for people in critical Well Control positions on drilling installations as well as onshore roles. The candidates will complete an IWCF accredited training course, taught according to IWCF syllabus, in order to prepare them for assessment.
This program is aimed at people who are in critical Well Control positions during well intervention operations. Candidates will complete an accredited training course, taught according to IWCF syllabus, in order to prepare them for assessment.
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Understand of well control methods relating to well intervention operation
- Identify completion types, equipment functions, and industry practices
- Identify barrier systems and know the terminology
- Identify well control methods
- Identify solutions to various Well Control problems
- Determine if well control equipment is fit for purpose
- Design a Well kill plan for a production well and generate a kill graph
- Discuss production well kill problems and recommend appropriate solutions
Main objectives and outcomes:
- Set up for drilling
- Recognize a drilling break and positive kick
- Perform the shut-in within the shortest possible time in accordance with the appropriate procedure
- Complete the kill sheet and kill the well using the designated procedure (Wait & Weight or Driller’s Method)
- Bring the pump up to kill speed maintaining constant bottom hole pressure
- Operate the remote choke and make adjustments in accordance with the time delay to maintain constant bottom hole pressure
- Complete the Well kill operation.
Duration: 48 Hrs
I had an excellent experience with Duke Training Centre's NEBOSH Process Safety Management course. The trainers were highly knowledgeable and provided practical examples that helped me to understand the concepts better. The training center also provided great support, and I felt well-prepared for the exams. Thanks to Duke Training Centre, I now have a deeper understanding of process safety management.
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work course at Duke Training Centre exceeded my expectations. The trainers were engaging, and the course content was relevant to my job. Thanks to the knowledge and skills I acquired, I have identified and mitigated potential hazards in my workplace.
I highly recommend Duke Training Centre for NEBOSH courses. The trainers are knowledgeable and experienced, and the course content is up-to-date and relevant. The training center also provides a conducive learning environment that makes learning enjoyable
The NEBOSH International Diploma course at Duke Training Centre was challenging, but it was worth the effort. The course content was comprehensive, and the trainers provided excellent support throughout. Thanks to the practical skills and knowledge I acquired, I have been able to make a significant impact in my workplace.
I am grateful for the knowledge and skills I acquired during my NEBOSH International General Certificate course at Duke Training Centre. The trainers were experienced and engaging, and the course materials were well-structured. Thanks to Duke Training Centre, I now feel confident in my ability to ensure safe working practices within my workplace.