Negotiations are all around us. From negotiating an important sales opportunity to negotiating with your kids at bedtime, we’re constantly working to reach agreement with others.
In the Duke’s Sales and Negotiation program — featuring the 6 Essential Rules of Sales Negotiation— participants will learn how to negotiate the best solutions, win sales, and enhance the strength of their relationships along the way.
We’ve helped thousands of salespeople negotiate the best deals, shorten sales cycles, and improve close rates.
In this Sales and Negotiation program, your team will learn how to:
- Master the 6 Essential Rules of Sales Negotiation
- Understand negotiation strategy
- Plan to win when negotiating
- Learn to trade and not cave
- Identify and respond to buyer negotiating tactics
We view training as an ongoing process to improve sales skills, knowledge, and results.
Our approach includes:
We evaluate individuals to identify attributes that can help or hinder negotiation success, and customize the training to focus on the topics that will have the biggest impact on your team’s performance.
We build scenarios, focus content, and tailor program agendas to make the training relevant and effective.
We provide easy-to-use tools and frameworks so concepts in the course transfer to on-the-job performance.
Sales and Negotiation Simulation:
Your team will play our interactive, computer- based simulation where they will apply the strategies and tactics they’ve learned and
compete to win a difficult sales negotiation.
Comprehensive Learning System:
Participants are immersed in education, both in live training and through support material and assignments.
While program content and agendas are tailored based on your industry, products and services, and the skills that will make a difference for your team, topics typically include:
- How to prepare for a negotiation, even if you only have an hour
- The two principal approaches to negotiation and when to use them
- Understanding and developing negotiation objectives
- How to uncover a buyer’s requirements
- How to build value for the buyer by expanding possibilities
- How to uncover and plan for alternatives to agreement, both for the seller and the buyer
Skills for Negotiation Success
Negotiation styles — how to recognize your own and identify and work with the buyer’s style
- The 16 common (and potentially manipulative) buyer tactics and how to counter them
- How to lead the negotiation and set the agenda
- Learning to trade and not cave
- Planning and implementing creative strategies to come to agreement
- Knowing when to walk away from a negotiation
- How to understand and deal with power and leverage in a negotiation
Negotiation Tips for Different Personas
- The 6 buyer personas and how to identify each
- How to approach and negotiate with each buyer persona
- What not to do with different personas that can derail the negotiation
Managing Emotions in Negotiation
- How to connect with the buyer and engage them in the negotiation
- Controlling your own emotions and managing the buyer’s
Negotiation Dos and Don’ts
- How to handle tough negotiators
- How to overcome impasses
- Overcoming common negotiation mistake