Results based monitoring and evaluation, also known as RBME, can be defined as the process of public management to help policy and decision makers keep track of progress and demonstrate the impact of a given project, program or policy by carefully monitoring and evaluating results. It’s a crucial skill to excel in today’s competitive market where most of the companies take regular feedback and even micromanage to get the desired results of customers at any cost. Since businesses thrive on results and profits, it is necessary to have a complete knowledge about Results-based monitoring and evaluation techniques in order to correctly anticipate and correct your company’s shortcomings and make proper amendments to any loophole.
At Duke Training Centre, we offer our candidates a complete course of RBME where they can learn all the required techniques to correctly monitor information and then derive logical results impacts about the outcomes.
This course objectively focuses on:
- Building confidence in participants to apply the acquired skills and knowledge to their personal business.
- Strengthening Participants’ Monitoring and evaluation skills by giving them an interactive environment to learn where people of different nationalities will come and share their experiences.
- Improved understanding of RBME skills which will help participants improve the quality of their projects while promoting learning and accountability.
- Participants will also learn how to be better managers and consumers of evaluations carried out by others.
- This course requires no pre-requisite skill but knowledge about fundamentals of business and marketing will help the candidate in better understanding the concepts. If candidate has a managerial job , This course will be very beneficial to him/her
Who should take this course?
- The course is designed for anyone who wishes to learn about monitoring and evaluation skills. It will be most beneficial to people in managerial or directorial jobs such as project managers, M&E specialists, technical specialists, and researchers.
Market Application/ Benefits
- RBME is a necessary tool as it helps to correctly analyze results by providing crucial information about team performance.
- Our course will also help you to achieve credibility and public confidence by reporting on the results of programs.
- By using RBME, you can easily identify programs or practices that look promising.
- It also provides a brief overview over time about your project program or policy.
- It will help you establish the major goals and objectives you have set for your company or organization.
- It also allows your staff to get frequent information about their company and their work.
- Due to the rigorous analysis, you can find your weaknesses and correct them accordingly.
What is Monitoring and evaluation?
- Definition of M&E
- Why is M&E important
- M&E and the project cycle management
- Step to implementing M&E in a project/program
- Type of evaluations
- Methods and tools for M&E
- Challenges in M&E
Trends towards Result Based M&E
- Managing for Development Results (MfDR)
- MfDR core principles
- MfDR and Result based management (RBM)
- What is RBM?
- Emergence of RBM and its development
- Seven phases of RBM
- Performance measurement, performance indicators and performance monitoring
- Logical framework and results framework
Introduction to Result Based M&E
- Result based M&E outline
- Essential actions to build result based M&E
- Result based M&E cycle
- The power of measuring results
Situation analyses/Needs assessment
- Formative research
- Situation analysis
- Needs assessment
- Tools to conduct a needs assessment
- Illustrative examples of situation analysis and mappings
Designing the M&E system
- The result chain
- Impact path ways
- Logical framework vs. Theory of change
- Developing a theory of change
- Components of a theory of change
- Why are M&E frameworks important?
- Considerations when developing an M&E framework
- Steps in developing and M&E framework
- Results frameworks
- Logical frameworks
Designing indicators and evidence
- What are indicators?
- Characteristics of good indicators
- Challenges and considerations when selecting indicators
- How many indicators are enough?
- Process versus result/impact indicators
- Process indicators
- Result indicators
- Output indicators
- Outcome indicators
- Impact indicators
- Developing internationally comparable indicators
- What does an M&E plan include?
- Important considerations for an M&E plan
- When should M&E be undertaken?
- When monitoring activities should be carried out?
- When should evaluations be conducted?
- Can M&E plans be amended?
- Evaluation questions
- Steps to developing evaluation questions
- Illustrative examples
- Designing evaluations for stakeholder benefit and use
- Choice and use of qualitative and quantitative collection instruments
- Participatory data analysis
- Communicating findings meaningfully for comprehensive stakeholder learning
- What is baseline data and how is it collected?
- Needs assessment versus baseline study
- Questions to ask about a baseline plan
- What kind of baseline data is necessary, useful and practical to collect?
- Examples of baseline surveys
Data Collection and Analysis
- Quantitative data
- Methods for collecting quantitative data
- Challenges and limitations of quantitative methods
- Qualitative data
- Methods for collecting qualitative data
- Pre/post intervention focus group discussions
- Pre/post intervention interviews
- Illustration and example with selected participatory methods
Communicating M&E information
- Developing a communications strategy based on evaluation findings.
- Communicating findings to bring about change.
- Presenting M&E results using different media.
Use of M&E Results
- Different uses of M&E results
- To whom to give feedback
- When to give feedback
- How to give feed back
- Embedding learning for personal and organizational benefit
- Becoming change agents for M&E.
- Becoming an M&E champion
Why Choose Us?
- At Duke Training Centre , we take a step by step approach to fulfill our candidates’ needs.
- Our teaching faculty is highly experienced and professional .
- Our institution offers personalized attention to those in need.
- Candidates who have taken the course of Results-based Monitoring & Evaluation have benefited significantly in their line of work.
- We take regular feedback from our students and adjust according to their needs.